Press Release – For immediate publication
Tabletop Type LED-UV Curing Flatbed Inkjet Printer
Atlanta, Georgia, USA January 18, 2013
Mimaki USA, Inc, Atlanta, Georgia USA (the North American division of Mimaki Engineering Ltd., Nagano, Japan; a leading manufacturer of wide format inkjet printers), is pleased to announce the NEW UJF-6042 tabletop model LED UV curing printer.
The UF-6042 offers a wide format bed size of 24” x 18” for North American Sign & Graphics and Industrial markets. It is available with 4 CMYK process colors + white +primer+ clear if needed for specific applications, while offering a raised gantry height advantage to support materials of up to 5.9” high (150mm).
In addition to the larger print bed size, the UJF-6042 model can produce very high resolution prints with precise dot placement accuracy resulting in vivid image quality due to the following three functions:
(1) a linear ball/screw bed drive conveyance mechanism which was equipped previously only in high-end machines;
(2) a higher resolution print mode of 1,800 x 1,800 dpi; and
(3) a variable dot function with the minimum size of 4pl, which allowing the ability to print fine color image gradations. Mimaki USA plans release and shipment of the UJF-6042 model in January, 2013
1. A higher resolution print mode of 1,800 x 1,800 dpi is now available, resulting in accurate and precise printing of text
and image files
2. Variable dot size printing capability, offering a minimum fine drop size of 4pl
3. Direct print on substrates up to 24”x 12” bed size & 5.9” (150mm) raised height to accommodate taller substrates
4. Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) enables stable fluid operation and flow output of white ink
5. Available with a jettable LED UV cure inkjet primer application function which can apply primer on selected color pixel
areas of print without flood coating the entire surface of the printed substrate
6. Reverse Print Function, over and under print can be automatically selected.
7. Three types of UV ink are available to achieve the best print results on a wide range of applications from rigid to flexible
Eco-friendly! Environmentally conscious LED UV is adopted.
1. UV cured printing is an ecological printing method that generates minimal VOCs and low temperature lamp operation
2. LED UV modules offer lower power consumption and longer life LED expectancy for many years of operation without
bulb replacement compared to conventional halide lamp technologies.
“Raster Link 6” software RIP is bundled for ease of use for the operator
1. Intuitive and user-friendly operation
2. Jig/template Layout Function
3. Availability to now support variable data and some bar code print functions
4. Web communication function with internet connectivity for downloading profiles, updating RIP versions and other
software enhancements to stay current with Mimaki software.
Available date: January 2013 MRSP=$59,995
About Mimaki: Mimaki is a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutting machines for the sign/graphics, industrial and textile/apparel markets. Mimaki develops the complete product range for each group; hardware, software and the associated consumable items, such as inks and cutting blades. Mimaki excels in offering innovative, high quality and high reliability products, based upon its aqueous, solvent and UV-curable inkjet technology. In order to meet a wide range of applications in the market, Mimaki pursues the development of advanced on-demand digital printing solutions.
Mimaki USA, Inc., Tel: 678-730-0100 Fax: 678-730-0200 www.mimakiusa.com
Specifications, design and dimensions stated in this release may be subject to change without prior notice (for technical improvements etc.).